Your Onchan

TT Homestay

If you wish to take part in the  T.T. Homestay Scheme. you are advised to contact the Housing Department of the Commissioners for permission to have guests in your home.  

Onchan District Commissioners require their tenants to write to the Commissioners and request permission to take part in the T.T. and Festival of Motorcycling homestay scheme.

Where approval is given, the following conditions will apply:-

(a) that the property be formally registered with Regency Travel on behalf of the Isle of Man Government for T.T. and Festival of Motorcycling Homestay purposes;
(b) that the tenant ensure that their own house contents insurance is in place, and that their insurers are aware of the participation in the scheme;
(c) that the tenant continues to remain in occupancy for the duration of the homestay;
(d) approval would be limited to T.T. and Festival of Motorcycling fortnight only.

If you accommodate visitors without the Commissioners' approval you are in breach of your Tenancy Agreement and your tenancy may be terminated.

It is in your best interests to write and seek the Commissioners' permission before allowing any persons to reside in your property other than those named on your occupancy forms.

Please be aware of the conditions imposed by the  Department of Economic Development and IOM Tourism:-

"If you are a tenant, whether it is a Commissioners' property or privately owned, you should ensure that you have permission from the landlord to sublet your household."

A copy of the Guidance Notes are available from

Share this
Back to Commissioners' News

Send To A Friend

Please enter your friend's name
Please enter your name
Please enter your email addess