The Domestic Event Fund has been extended until March 2022 and has also been enhanced to include events taking place in single venues within the hospitality sector.
The initiative which is delivered by Business Isle of Man, provides event organisers with the opportunity to apply for up to 80% of the total costs associated with the development of local events with the key aims of the Fund to increase domestic spending and footfall to the Island’s towns and villages and reduce the risks of putting on events in the current climate. Financial support is only available through this route for events that are open to the general public with free access or via tickets.
- Applications have been extended to the end of March 2022
- Cafés, restaurants, public houses, bars and nightclubs are all now eligible to apply for up to £1,500 of financial support for events they are organising in-venue taking place between the 1 January 2022 and the 31 March 2022
- Hospitality have the opportunity to develop new events and trial unique ideas; events could include live music and entertainment, comedy nights or themed evenings
- Financial support will cover costs such as equipment hire, marketing/advertising costs, entertainment fees and more
- Reduce the risk associated with organising these types of events in the current climate.