Local Authority Election - To stand as a Member
To stand as a local authority member you must appear on a Register of Electors on the Island – you do not have to be registered in the constituency for which you are standing. If you wish to nominate or assent to be a candidate, or vote at the elections you must be on the register of Electors for the specific constituency concerned.
If you are interested in standing, or merely want to learn more about local authorities you can:-
· Speak to an existing Commissioner
· Visit the IOM Government Website http://www.gov.im/categories/home-and-neighbourhood/elections-and-voting/local-authority-election/
· Attend meetings of Onchan District Commissioners, these are public and are held every two weeks. Dates for the meetings can be found at https://www.onchan.org.im/uploads/public-notice-board-meeting-dates-2021-22.pdf
· Read agendas and minutes which are available on our website https://www.onchan.org.im/your-commissioners/reports-minutes/2021
· Attend a political surgery which is held the first Saturday of each month at The Hub, School Road, Onchan
· Follow Onchan District Commissioners on social media and keep up-to-date by “liking” or “following” their page or profile.