Refuse Collection - Update
Please help us to protect our community and the Refuse Team.
If you are currently self-isolating, showing symptoms, awaiting results, or you have tested positive for (COVID19) your household waste must be handled differently.
Guidelines on handling your household items such as tissues and disposable cleaning cloths must be double bagged and quarantined for 72 hours.
You are expected to follow the guidelines below, to protect yourself and our staff:-
• Place contaminated items such as tissues and disposable cleaning cloths in a plastic rubbish bag
• Place that bag into another bag and tie it
• Store it securely, away from your other household waste, for a minimum of 72 hours before placing it in your refuse bin (Please do not store in a communal area or on the street)
• If your refuse collection is more than 72 hours away, you may place your double bagged rubbish straight into the refuse bin
• Remember to wash your hands and clean the handles of your bins before and after you put them out.
Please ensure that the bin lid is closed fully, failure to do so will result in the bin not being emptied.
Once the household's isolation has come to an end, waste collection can resume as normal.
We will continue to work with all necessary precautions following the latest public health
guidance, which is available here https://covid19.gov.im/