Your Onchan

Housing services:

Home Insurance

It is the Commissioners’ responsibility to insure the structure of your home but this does not include internal decorations or your belongings. If the structure of your home was damaged by an accidental fire or flood we would cover the cost of any repair work that is needed, not including decoration.

Dangerous or inflammable substances should not be kept in your home and may invalidate insurance cover. Insurance cover may also be affected if you are away from your home for long periods. Please contact the Commissioners by Telephone: (01624) 675564, or email if you are away from your home for more than 4 weeks to ensure that our insurance cover is not reduced.

Home Contents Insurance

It is your responsibility to insure the contents of your home and we strongly advise that you get proper cover from a reputable company as soon as possible. Home contents insurance should cover furniture, decorations, household goods, clothing, personal belongings, jewellery, valuables and personal money. Your insurance policy should also cover any necessary hotel or alternative accommodation costs if you have to leave your home temporarily due to a major problem such as a fire or flood. The Commissioners are not responsible for providing or paying for temporary accommodation in these circumstances.

Fire, floods and accidents can be financial disasters. Spend a few moments adding up the replacement cost of your belongings - you may be surprised. If you do not insure your contents, you will have to pay for any damage or loss you suffer in the case of fire, flood, burglaries or other incidents.


Send To A Friend

Please enter your friend's name
Please enter your name
Please enter your email addess