Your Onchan

Housing services:

T.T. Homestay

As you are aware the Department of Economic Development and IOM Tourism operate a T.T. Homestay Scheme.  In their guidance notes it states:-

 “If you are a tenant, whether it is a Commissioners property or privately owned, you should ensure that you have permission from the landlord to sublet your household.”

 A copy of the Guidance Notes are available from the Department of Trousim  Home Stay Notes

Onchan District Commissioners require their tenants to write to the Commissioners and request permission to take part in the T.T. homestay scheme.

Where approval is given, the following conditions will apply:-

(a)          that the property be formally registered with the Department of Economic Development and IOM Tourism for T.T. Homestay purposes;

(b)          that the tenant ensure that their own house contents insurance is in place, and that their insurers are aware of the participation in the scheme;

(c)          that the tenant continues to remain in occupancy for the duration of the homestay.

(d)          Approval would be limited to T.T. fortnight only.

If you accommodate visitors without the Commissioners’ approval you are in breach of your Tenancy Agreement and your tenancy may be terminated.

It is in your best interests to write and seek the Commissioners’ permission before allowing any persons to reside in your property other than those named on your occupancy forms.

Send To A Friend

Please enter your friend's name
Please enter your name
Please enter your email addess