Following a competitive tender process Onchan District Commissioners have engaged Kinrade Construction Ltd. to undertake remedial works to the roofs of 62 No. bungalows in Ballachrink Drive, Hackett Close, Meadow Close and the two bungalows in Nursery Avenue.
The works will include the following:
• Replacing roof tiles, battens and underlay.
• Asbestos board removal to some properties.
• Hacking off and re-rendering chimney stacks.
• Installation of new lead work to chimney stacks and abutments.
• Alterations to soil vent pipes.
The project commenced in February of this year and are progressing well with only a few days lost due to inclement weather. Works are due to be completed by early summer, and we will endeavour to keep any disruption to a minimum.