Repairs and Maintenance - Information for Tenants, Coronavirus (COVID 19)
In accordance with the Chief Minister’s instruction, our Contractors will only be permitted to attend emergency repair and statutory compliance works within domestic and commercial properties.
The following will currently be classified as emergency repairs:
• No electricity
• Gas leak
• No cold, clean drinking water or dirty water coming up through plug holes or toilets
• A severe leak and/or burst pipe
• Any leak that is affecting the electrics
• An unsafe electrical fitting that is sparking or smoking
• No heating
• No hot water
• Carbon monoxide alarm sounding
• Other maintenance issues causing a risk to the tenants or the property
• Sewage leak
• Property security
Please note that we will now be asking you a set of pre-screening questions before starting any works and before entering your home.
All property inspections and non-essential visits have been postponed until further notice .
Gas Safety Checks
As landlords have a legal duty to repair and maintain gas pipework, flues and appliances gas safety checks should be continued until the government changes their guidance. Where possible we are working to bring forward these checks but appreciate that this may be difficult at this time due to access.
Our phone lines and email accounts will continue to be monitored in the usual manner. Telephone: 01624 624967 email: email@example.com
These are unprecedented times in our lives, which we are all going through together and the Authority will continue to support the Islands emergency requirements.