How We Work:
There are seven Commissioners who are elected by the voters of Onchan. The purpose of the Commissioners is to set policy and make decisions relevant to Onchan. The staff employed are there to carry out the policy in the day to day running of the authority.
The Board of Commissioners meet fortnightly on a Monday at 7.00 pm. There is a public section to the meeting of the board which the public can attend but are not permitted to speak.
Residents noticing street lights not working, damaged play equipment, dirty public conveniences or the likes should report these matters direct to the Commissioners’ Office [Tel: (01624) 675564] rather than ringing up a Commissioner late at night. The Commissioner can only ring in the next day, so a call has been wasted.
Each month the public are given the opportunity to speak face to face with two commissioners. No appointment is required.
These “Surgeries” have been in existence for over 30 years and are there in case a member of the public feels they are not getting a response from the officers or wish to speak about a delicate matter.
The Commissioners' Surgery is held on the first Saturday in each month between 11.00 a.m. and 1.00 p.m. in The Hub, School Road, Onchan.
- Privacy Statement - Nov 2018 (87.8KB)
- Board Meeting Dates 2019 (136.2KB)
- Christmas Refuse Collection Dates 2018 (109.4KB)
- Board Meeting Dates 2018 (334.0KB)
- Guidance for Member Blogs (107.0KB)
- Communications Policy (642.0KB)
- Internet and Email Policy (264.8KB)
- Environmental Policy (75.2KB)
- Social Media Policy (560.1KB)
- Onchan General Byelaws 2017 (825.3KB)
- Environmental Policy (45.8KB)
- Standing Orders 2014 (150.0KB)