How We Work:
The General Election has been postponed until 22nd April 2021, due to Section 5 of the Health Protection (Coronavirus) Regulations 2020
There are seven Commissioners who are elected by the voters of Onchan. The purpose of the Commissioners is to set policy and make decisions relevant to Onchan. The staff employed are there to carry out the policy in the day to day running of the authority.
The Board of Commissioners meet fortnightly on a Monday at 7.00 pm. There is a public section to the meeting of the Board which the public can attend, however, their contribution is not permitted unless invited to do so by the Chairman.
Residents noticing any concerns such as, street lights not working, damaged play equipment, dirty public conveniences, etc should report these matters direct to the Commissioners’ Office Tel: (01624) 624967.
You may also report your concerns via our report a problem page and an officer of the Authority will contact you.
Each month the public are given the opportunity to speak face to face with two commissioners. No appointment is required.
These “Surgeries” have been in existence for over 30 years and are there for any member of the public who feels they are not getting an appropriate response from the officers or wish to speak about a delicate matter.
The Commissioners' Surgery is held on the first Saturday in each month between 11.00 a.m. and 1.00 p.m. in The Hub, School Road, Onchan.
- Board - Members Allowance Scheme 2019 - Forms (109.0KB)
- Board Meeting Dates 2020/2021 (541.9KB)
- Christmas Refuse Collection Dates 2019 (80.6KB)
- Communications Policy 2017 (Under Review) (642.0KB)
- Corporate Governance Principles and Code of Conduct (2019) (716.1KB)
- Environmental Policy 2020 (738.7KB)
- Guidance for Member Blogs (107.0KB)
- HR - Adverse Weather Policy 2020 (837.1KB)
- HR - Superannuation - Employing Authority Discretionary Policy (1,022.5KB)
- Health and Safety Policy 2019 (2.1MB)
- Housing - Eviction Operational Practice and Procedures (570.4KB)
- Housing Review Report (December 2019) (1.0MB)
- Internet and Email Policy 2020 (326.2KB)
- Members Allowance Scheme (2019) (165.0KB)
- Onchan General Byelaws 2017 (825.3KB)
- Privacy Statement - Nov 2018 (87.8KB)
- Register of Members Interests - Rules 2019 (948.6KB)
- Social Media and Member Blogs Policy 2020 (304.1KB)
- Standing Orders 2019 (August 2019) (804.2KB)
- Statement of Accounts for the year ended 31st March 2019 (1.5MB)
- Street Traders Policy (773.8KB)
- Vexatious Complaints, Correspondence and Behaviour Policy (1.0MB)