Electric Car Charging Ports Installation, Onchan ParkRead more
There are seven Commissioners who are elected by the voters of Onchan. The purpose of the Commissioners is to set policy and make decisions relevant to Onchan. The staff employed are there to carry out the policy in the day to day running of the Authority.
The Board of Commissioners meet fortnightly on a Monday at 7.00 pm. There is a public section to the meeting of the Board which the public can attend, however, their contribution is not permitted unless invited to do so by the Chairman.
Residents noticing any concerns such as, street lights not working, damaged play equipment, dirty public conveniences, etc should report these matters direct to the Commissioners’ Office Tel: (01624) 624967.
You may also report your concerns via our report a problem page and an officer of the Authority will contact you.
The Commissioners' Surgery is held on the first Saturday in each month between 11.00 a.m. and 1.00 p.m. in The Hub, School Road, Onchan.
Each month the public are given the opportunity to speak face to face with two commissioners. Please note that no appointment is required.
These “Surgeries” have been in existence for over 30 years and are there for any member of the public who feels they are not getting an appropriate response from the officers or wish to speak about a delicate matter.
Should you wish to speak to your Commissioner at any other time, their contact details are detailed at Members Contact Details
Out of Hours:
Emergencies: The Commissioners’ On-Call Officers are available outside office hours on (07624) 493314.
Should the On-Call Officer not be available to answer the call, please leave a message including your name, address, telephone number, and a brief outline of the issue. The on-call officer will return the call as soon as possible.
If your enquiry is not an emergency you may leave a message out of hours on our voice mail service on (01624) 675564 and this will be dealt with during normal office working hours. Please ensure you leave your name, address, telephone number and a brief outline of your reason for calling.
- Onchan Housing Byelaws 2000 (99.3KB)
- Onchan General Byelaws 2017 (401.7KB)
- Onchan General (Amendment) Bye-Laws 2022 (285.8KB)
- Refuse Collection Days - Reviewed 2022 (366.3KB)
- Communications Policy & Procedure (1.3MB)
- Health & Safety Policy Statement 2021 (1.5MB)
- Onchan Off-Street Parking Places Order 2021 (1.8MB)
- Leading the Way - Become a Commissioner (101.6KB)
- Onchan Dog Control Bye-Laws 2021 (2.2MB)
- Register of Members Interests - Rules 2019 (948.6KB)
- Social Media and Member Blogs Policy 2020 (304.1KB)
- Standing Orders 2019 (August 2019) (804.2KB)
- Statement of Accounts - Year Ended 31st March 2019 (1.5MB)
- Board - Members Allowance Scheme 2019 - Forms (109.0KB)
- Privacy Statement 2022 (951.0KB)
- Corporate Governance Principles and Code of Conduct (2019) (716.1KB)
- Copyright, Re-Use Notice, Disclaimer and Privacy (24.1KB)
- Onchan General Byelaws 2017 (405.6KB)
- Guidance for Member Blogs (107.0KB)
- Members Allowance Scheme (2019) (165.0KB)