How We Work:
There are seven Commissioners who are elected by the voters of Onchan. The purpose of the Commissioners is to set policy and make decisions relevant to Onchan. The staff employed are there to carry out the policy in the day to day running of the authority.
The Board of Commissioners meet fortnightly on a Monday at 7.00 pm. There is a public section to the meeting of the board which the public can attend but are not permitted to speak.
Residents noticing street lights not working, damaged play equipment, dirty public conveniences or the likes should report these matters direct to the Commissioners’ Office Tel: (01624) 624967.
You may also report your concerns via our report a problem page .and an officer of the Authority will contact you.
Each month the public are given the opportunity to speak face to face with two commissioners. No appointment is required.
These “Surgeries” have been in existence for over 30 years and are there for any member of the public who feels they are not getting an appropriate response from the officers or wish to speak about a delicate matter.
The Commissioners' Surgery is held on the first Saturday in each month between 11.00 a.m. and 1.00 p.m. in The Hub, School Road, Onchan.
- Board Meeting Dates 2019/20 (329.1KB)
- Christmas Refuse Collection Dates 2019 (80.6KB)
- Communications Policy (Under Review) (642.0KB)
- Environmental Policy (Under Review) (75.2KB)
- Guidance for Member Blogs (107.0KB)
- Internet and Email Policy (Under Review) (264.8KB)
- Onchan General Byelaws 2017 (825.3KB)
- Privacy Statement - Nov 2018 (87.8KB)
- Social Media Policy (Under Review) (560.1KB)
- Standing Orders 2019 (804.2KB)